Creating a prescription for leadership success
Leader Development: High Potentials
In order to support a new growth strategy focused on expanding their product portfolio in both emerging and mature markets, the organization wanted to ensure that existing and future senior leaders had the right mix of capabilities to meet business requirements now and in the future. They sought a partner to help define success for their high potential roles and implement a global program to identify and develop future senior leaders.
Leveraging consultants from the US, Asia and Europe, Right Management created a global team to deliver the multi-national company’s enterprise-wide high potential program. In collaboration with the client, this team:
- Developed a holistic success profile based on interviews with senior stakeholders, providing the framework for a robust proprietary assessment protocol.
- Designed a three-day development center structured around assessment, feedback, and development planning. Prior to attending, participants completed the Hogan Suite and a Leadership 360° feedback assessment, as well as a Career Aspirations questionnaire.
During the development center, participants experienced a program designed by Right Management to deliver a rich experience and meaningful business impact through:
- Right Management’s business simulation – a customized “day in the life” experience with activities to identify individual strengths and development areas oriented to current business issues.
- Feedback via group and individual activities to raise participants’ self-awareness through the evaluation of their assessment results and performance in the business simulation.
- Analytical reporting that reflected key strengths and development areas extrapolated from the various data sources and activities.
- Peer coaching and one-on-one sessions with a Right Management executive coach to support crafting personal development plans.
- Structured activities with members of the company’s senior management, designed to foster communication and support networking across the organization.
- To maximize return on investment, individual coaching was provided by the Right Management consultants after the program to support implementation of individual development plans.
Company sponsors say the program has had positive impact in three key areas:
- Strengthening the leadership pipeline – percentage of “ready now” and “ready within 12 months” successors
- Retaining top talent, particularly in emerging countries
- Increasing the diversity of the high potential pool, with regard to gender, geography, and other factors
Sponsors also praised the quality and diversity of the Right Management team in response to the global nature of the leader population. Participants gave very positive feedback about their overall experience, rating it 3.9 out of 4, and a score of 3.7 out of 4 for the support in defining their strategic development plans. Participants also rated the professionalism of the coaches and assessors a perfect 4 out of 4. Deployment of the process is underway targeting 1000+ high potentials worldwide.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.