Leadership and Career Coach
Pat is a Management-skills implementation Coach with 20 years’ experience delivering tailored management training programmes to all level within business organizations. Pat has provided his services to the Pharma, Bio and medical device; Financial, Computer and Food processing industries. His coaching consulting skill-set has been honed in Engineering, Business development, middle management, senior management and Managing Director roles. It is on this experiential foundation that Pat’s management consultancy and 121 coaching effectiveness is based. He has a particular interest in facilitating behavioral change to meet changes in existing roles or supporting individuals transitioning to new roles. Pat is a qualified Psychometrician (Level A and B).
Pat worked in the Middle East as part of commissioning team of Gas Oil Separation Plants. He returned to Ireland to join Amdahl as an Engineer and trainer; from there he went on to join Mitel Delta as their Ireland market manager. Following the buyout of Mitel Delta by Tellabs, Pat sold his shares in Mitel Delta, bought a portion of their business and founded Tritel Communications. This company comprised an R and D group in N.I. and telecoms distribution company in the South. This experienced has been foundational in providing 15 years of effective coaching.
- M.A. (Hons) DCU.
- Dip.Engineering GMIT
- 3 years completed of a research PhD on a response to Anxiety.
Certification, Assessments & Licensure
British Psychological Society Level A and B Certified
- Provided 121 Outplacement Services to senior Executives in the Pharma industry (See list of representative companies below)
- Facilitated group Outplacement programmes in Pharma and medical device companies.
- Coached the Global leaders transitioning into virtual roles in Pharmaceutical industry; helped them to develop their leadership skills, including strategic thinking and talent development
- Coached the return of a Global leader in Engineering to a site leader role, where there was a requirement to change his psychometric profile from that of an Engineer type to his former General Manager type.
- Coached middle managers transitioning into site leadership roles through developing their strategic thinking and influencing styles. These were managers from varied disciplines such as, Engineering, R and D, Lead and Continuous, Facilities, and Finance.
- Coached the implementation of culture change through cascading leadership, effective communication, influencing and management style from the leadership team to the rest of the organisation.
- Designed Tailored Management Development Programmes using some of the following: Psychometric testing to identify one’s personality type and management style; Adjusting one’s management style to different personality types where appropriate using Belbin and Transitional Analysis; developing effective communication skills; assertiveness training while understanding bullying and harassment in the workplace; Personal Time Management practice; Managing your Manager through strategic thinking, influencing and effective presentation skills, etc..
My Approach to coaching is to design Tailored Management Development Programmes using some of the following: Psychometric testing to identify one’s personality type and management style; Adjusting one’s management style to different personality types where appropriate using Belbin and Transitional Analysis; developing effective communication skills; assertiveness training while understanding bullying and harassment in the workplace; Personal Time Management practice; Managing your Manager through strategic thinking, influencing and effective presentation skills, etc..
My philosophy in coaching is to listen to the needs of the client; agreed a road map to meet their needs and to deliver a tailored programme that evolves through checking with the client that we are continuing to meet their needs and learning style.
Manage your Right Management Subscriptions
We not only respect your privacy, but we respect your inbox too. We don't want to send you any more emails than you want. YOU control the amount and types of emails you receive from us. Use this page anytime to instantly update your email marketing preferences in real-time.
Please verify your personal information and then let us know how we can communicate with you.
Thank you for signing up!
Watch your inbox for the latest thought leadership from Right Management.